DSTC Ofsted Report
It gives me great pleasure to attach our final inspection report from Ofsted which confirms that DSTC is Good in every one of the six categories.
Highlights of the report include:
• “The school’s vision, ‘Inspiring Education – Nurturing Success’, is evident in all aspects of school life. Leaders’ commitment to achieving the best for pupils is shared by staff. The school is a nurturing, engaging place where pupils achieve well and flourish.”
• “Teachers know their pupils well and can identify individuals’ strengths and weaknesses.”
• “There is a positive climate for learning throughout the school.”
• “Pupils feel safe and are happy.”
• “The school is a place where pupils achieve well and thrive.”
• “All groups of pupils achieve well.”
• “The school’s work to promote pupils’ personal development and welfare is good.”
• “The behaviour of pupils is good.”
• “Excellent relationships exist between adults and pupils.”
• “The sixth form provides well for its students. All students study a suitable set of well-taught qualifications, complemented by a rich range of wide opportunities to learn about the world.”
• “Students enjoy life in the sixth form.”
I am delighted with the outcome of the report which validates the school’s own judgements, procedures and practices. DSTC is a great place to study and work and is moving from good to great.
I would like to thank you all for your continued support and wish you an enjoyable break. Students return to school on Tuesday, 18th April.
Anne Davis, Principal