Vision, Ethos and Equality
"Educating and Empowering Citizens of the Future"....
At DSTC, we value each and every one of the students in our care. As a thriving foundation school, we strive to bring out the very best in everyone who engages with our school community.
At DSTC we will:
- Inspire independent learners who are ambitious, engaged and keen to excel.
- Develop respectful and responsible citizens who make a positive contribution to the community and wider society.
- Nurture confident young people who are able to live safe, happy, healthy and fulfilling lives.
- Provide a vibrant, inclusive, supportive and secure environment in which to build resilience.
- Promote opportunities that support students in deciding and fulfilling their career aspirations.
- Promote the study of, the skills of, and the enjoyment of: science, technology, engineering and maths across and beyond the curriculum.
Whilst continuously aiming to improve the implementation of equality related policies and procedures, Dartford Science and Technology College has established the following objectives for the college:
To include equality characteristics in student surveys and parents/carers to identify whether different groups experience school differently, or have different views about the school.
To promote cultural understanding and awareness of different religious beliefs between different ethnic groups within our school community.
To audit the involvement of student groups in ‘whole college life’ (extra-curricular opportunities such as clubs, residentials etc) and if necessary develop strategies to address engagement issues that are identified.
To enable the College ‘experience’ to more closely reflect and celebrate the multicultural country in which students live.
To promote cultural development and understanding through a rich range of experiences both in and beyond the college.