Vision, Ethos and Equality
"Educating and Empowering Citizens of the Future"....
At DSTC, we value each and every one of the students in our care. As a thriving foundation school, we strive to bring out the very best in everyone who engages with our school community.
At DSTC we will:
- Inspire independent learners who are ambitious, engaged and keen to excel.
- Develop respectful and responsible citizens who make a positive contribution to the community and wider society.
- Nurture confident young people who are able to live safe, happy, healthy and fulfilling lives.
- Provide a vibrant, inclusive, supportive and secure environment in which to build resilience.
- Promote opportunities that support students in deciding and fulfilling their career aspirations.
- Promote the study of, the skills of, and the enjoyment of: science, technology, engineering and maths across and beyond the curriculum.
Equality Objectives 2021-22
Whilst continuously aiming to improve the implementation of equality related policies and procedures, Dartford Science and Technology College has established the following objectives for the college year 2020-21:
To analyse the academic progress of specific student cohorts and put intervention plans in place as necessary to support progress.
Analyse behaviour data re. representation of specific groups and put in place strategies to tackle any issues highlighted.
To audit the involvement of student groups students in ‘whole college life’ (extra-curricular opportunities such as clubs, residentials etc) and if necessary develop strategies to address engagement issues that are identified.
Review provision for students with physical disabilities and mobility issues and ensure that curriculum and wider college experience is fully accessible as identified in the Accessibility Plan.
To enable the College ‘experience’ to more closely reflect and celebrate the multicultural country in which students live.
To reduce the incidence of prejudice-related bullying in relation to the protected characteristics listed in the Equality Act 2010.
To promote cultural development and understanding through a rich range of experiences both in and beyond the college.